Re: ORA-01000 max cursors error received using Oracle and JDBC

From: <ptelang_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 17:56:17 GMT

You need to close any statements you opened. For eg:

	Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(...);
	String sql = "SELECT name FROM emp";
	ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
	while(rs.next()){
            System.out.println(rs.getString(1));
	}
	stmt.close(); // This method will close the cursor
Make sure you are doing appropriate exception handling and closing the statement even if there is an exception. This should solve your problem..
-->
Pankaj

In article <7lbb44$qvb$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ckuczbor_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> We are receiving the ORA-01000 (maximum open
> cursors exceeded) error when running a load test
> on our web application. We are using JAVA
> servlets, Oracle 7.3.4.2, JDBC thin driver, IBM
> WebSphere Application Server (using their DB
> connection pool manager), and Netscpape
> Enterprise Web Server.
>
> It appears that the cursors are not being closed
> or released when the servlet is finished getting
> the data. We have the Oracle max cursor
> configuration parameter set to 400. However, we
> do not want to increase this any higher. Our
> problem is that the cursors are not being
> released when the SQL call is complete, and
> therefore the number of open cursors keeps
> growing. We want the cursors to be closed or
> released when the servlet has completed all
> processing.
>
> Has anyone else had this issue and what was the
> final solution?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Jul 11 1999 - 12:56:17 CDT