Re: Dropping constraints

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 11 Jul 1999 13:32:29 GMT

spool the output of the constraint table to a file and use an editor to search for the constraint string

man_at_sjoki.uta.fi wrote:

: Hello,

: I'd like to disable a "NOT NULL" constraint using a simple script.
: The problem is that it is difficult to track the name of the
: constraint from the user constraints table, since the search_condition
: column is LONG.

: An example: this is what I'd like to do:
: alter table DOCUMENTS drop constraint (select constraint_name from
: user_constraints where search_condition like '%STATUS_ID NOT NULL%');

: or:

: delete from user_constraints where table_name='DOCUMNENTS' and
: search_condition like '%STATUS_ID NOT NULL%'

: Any help greatly appreciated and sorry if this is a FAQ.

: -man

: Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
: Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job), Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use. Received on Sun Jul 11 1999 - 08:32:29 CDT