Re: Standby db or replication

From: Breno de Avellar Gomes <brenogomes_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 23:22:32 +0100

Hi Joey,

I am using Oracle8 for high availability databases. FailSafe feature is ready to use on NT EE, based on MS Clustering Services. Big companies like SAP are relying on this technology.

For maximum availability you should use Oracle Parallel Server option, also available for other OS.

I am fowarding this message to your email, where you will find a PDF about high availability implementations using Oracle8.

Best regards

Breno

--
"A little push in the right direction can make a big difference"

My ICQ# is 35567342
Visit http://www.mirabilis.com/