Re: long-Datatype and ASP

From: <chellaton_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 18:05:58 GMT

My suspicion is that the column/field in Oracle has been defined as a VARCHAR2, in which case you are faced with a string length restriction of 2000. If it has indeed been defined as a LONG, then the limit is 2GB or OS/DB Tablespace size restricted.
Cheers!

In article <3777585B.FE7B440F_at_gmx.net>,   Sven Sprandel <sprandel_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an ASP-Script , which reads a html-textarea and puts it into
> a long-field into the db. All works fine but if I put a long text (
> about 3000 Chars )
> in the textarea there comes the Oracel error "String litteral to
long".

> Who konws how to fix this problem ?
>
> I use a NT 4.0 with IIS 4.0. The db-connection goes
> the oracle - ODBC Driver. ( Oracle 8 )
>
> regards,
> Sven

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jul 09 1999 - 13:05:58 CDT