OAS 4.0 ORB don't start

From: Jean-Marc Prevost <jprevost_at_rncan.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:51:25 -0400

I recently went to I'Develop'99 and I they gave us a bundle of software in which there's Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 for NT. I installed it on my machine (NT 4.0 SP4). The installation goes well (it only ask very few questions). After that, I go to the Application Server Manager and I try to start the Application Server (I click on the play button) and it gives me the following message:

    Please wait while the command is being processed on host location.     Starting ORB processes...
    Returning filename c:\orant\orb\admin\.event     Waiting for ORB to be ready...
    ORB is not responding. Please restart manually

    OWS-2024 : The OAS processes can not be started because the

                          CORBA ORB processes can not be started.

When I try the manual command (owsctl start -nodemgr, owsctl start) it gives me the same messages.

I am trying to make it run alone, on a single machine and without database. The reason I want to try it is because I'm presently evaluating MapXtreme 2.0 java edition and it comes with sample app using OAS. I can't try those sample app because OAS is not starting.

So, what did I miss? Why does the ORB is not starting?

Thanks! Received on Fri Jul 09 1999 - 09:51:25 CDT