Detecting the existence of remote table.

From: Mark Reichman <reichmam_at_rl.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 08:12:32 -0400

In PL/SQL I would like to detect the existence of a table on a remote machine. (i.e. the remote machine is alive and the table exists.) If it does exitst, I would like to truncate my local copy and copy the data from the remote machine into my table. If it doesnt exist, I want to leave my local table alone and retry later. I can do most of this off the top of my head. I cannot figure out a way to detect the existance of the remote table before I truncate and populate my local table. All database links already exist and work. Thanks Received on Fri Jul 09 1999 - 07:12:32 CDT