Re: TNS problems

From: Howard Lee Harkness <hlh_nospam_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 22:35:52 GMT

On Thu, 08 Jul 1999 01:18:33 GMT, dougr99_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>We are having problems connecting to a database from win98 using the

We had a similar problem caused by having more than one NIC in the server. In that situation, you must use the IP address, not the name in the .ora file.

hth
hlh_NOSPAM_at_excite.com is a valid, unmunged address! It is also so full of spam(!) that I don't read it. Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 17:35:52 CDT