HELP PLEASE: Changing a passthrough ODBC query does not produce any effect

From: Alessio Massaro <Alessio.Massaro_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 18:23:11 +0200

Hi,

I have a form with a listbox and a chart. In an event procedure I do the following:

1) create a new (passthrough) querydef
2) assign it new connection properties to a remote Oracle8 DB
3) assign it a new SQL statement
2) assign the name of the qdf to the RowSource property of the chart
3) requery the form

The query is of this kind

select * from the (select a_nested table from tbl where id=...)

What I actually modify in the event handler is the "id=..." part in order to get the nested table corresponding to a different record of tbl. The problem is that changing it (by going to the DB window and altering the SQL statement by hand) does NOT always (it works the first and second time and that's all, don't know why) update the recordset, but if I type something completely different like "select * from cat" then the recordset produced is refreshed correctly.

Could this be a bug of the Oracle ODBC driver? I'm using version 8.1.5.

Thanks and regards
Alessio Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 11:23:11 CDT