Problem with Java Plugin 1.1.2 and Oracle's JInitiator Co-existing

From: <fss025_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 16:05:25 GMT

We currently have a production applet using the Java Plugin-1.1.2 .

We have some users who have installed Oracle's JInitiator, Oracle's version of the plugin, for another application. If the users open the second app first then the JInitiator will be loaded as expected. If the users then navigate to the first applet (Which uses the Java Plugin from Sun) the Java Plugin is not loaded. Instead, the applet attempts to run under JInitiator, which of course fails because Jinitiator does not have the required JFC classes. The CID are both different and the MIME types are correct for both ActiveX components as documented by both Sun and Oracle. How can I prevent this from happening? Can the two plugins Co-Exist? I imagine they should.

Any Help would be appreciated!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 11:05:25 CDT