XML in Oracle is ConText the solution ?

From: Thomas Bennett <thb_at_conceptis.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 11:33:20 -0400

I would like to know the best way to handle a database (Table) of XML documents so that we can search the Table on various combination of XML elements.

More specifically:

  1. Does ConText support XML (I see no reference to XML in the Context cartridge docs for 8.0.4) ?
  2. Is Oracle 8i a better solution for this or is 8i too premature for this ?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 10:33:20 CDT