How to load binary files into Oracle DB?

From: Leon LI <leonfruit_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 06:22:31 -0800

Hi,

I need to load binary files (like MS Word docu) into Oracle database. My Oracle version is 7.3.3. I have defined a column as long raw type. It seems that there are very few examples in Oracle books on this topics.

  1. Can someone give me an example of how to do it via SQL Loader?
  2. How can I download the binary file from database and extract it in order to open it with MS Word

Thanks in advance,

Leon,