Oracle/Linux now installed - what next?

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 11:22:38 -0400

Hi,

I've just installed Oracle8 on Red Hat 6 Linux, but am unsure what to do now, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of documentation. How do I start a database up?
I've tried to run svrmgrl as a normal user, but it complains about some missing library or something.
So, I tried it as 'oracle' user, and typed "startup", but I got an error (something about not having permission). How do I make sure a normal user can start svrmgrl and stratup a database (or perhaps only a user in 'dba' group can startup a DB?). How do I make sure a normal user will have the relevant environment variables set, if that's the problem?

Thanks in advance,

-Kev Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 10:22:38 CDT