Re: PRO*C

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 07:57:18 -0400

Depending on the release of Oracle that you are working with you will either have a proc or a precomp directory under your $ORACLE_HOME directory. In there you'll find a proc.mk makefile. How you use that makefile will depend on the release because there was a major conceptual change when Oracle moved from pre 7.3 releases to the 7.3 release. However, if you look at the makefile you'll probably get some hints as to what you must do. Essentially it is impossible to compile/link a pro-c program without the makefile because it would be difficult to get the order of all of the libraries in the correct order.

Ken