Migrating Oracle data from Mainframe to Unix?

From: Johan Wegener <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:20:22 +0200

Hi,

I am interested in hearing whether anybody has got experience in migrating *data* from a mainframe-based Oracle to a Unix-based one?

I'm imagining an exp/imp scenario, EBCDIC to ISO8 character conversion and data volumes in the terrabyte range.

It sounds pretty straightforward, but are there any caveats or potential problems that I must be aware of?

Thanks,
Johan
-
Johan Wegener
Reply to: xjw_at_xdde.xdk
NOSPAM: Delete xxx from my email address Received on Thu Jul 08 1999 - 05:20:22 CDT