Re: TNS problems

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 06:46:19 +0200

Hi Doug,
If you can get to that Solaris box, try lsnrctl status. Or without lsnrctl (assuming it wasn't installed) just simply ps -ef | grep "TNSlistener -inherit"
should do it.
To start the listener, issue lsnrctl start. If it is asking you for a password, the password is in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora or /var/opt/oracle/listener.ora

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA