Procedures and functions within packages

From: <drobinson1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 14:46:17 GMT

I need to read at runtime the names of procedures and functions that are within a PL/SQL package (and their parameter types, if possible). So far I have been able to extract metadata about tables and views by looking at Oracle's built-in views such as ALL_TABLES and ALL_TAB_COLUMNS, but I have not been able to do the same for packages. For packages, the ALL_SOURCE table contains the source code, but does not give any specific information about the contents of the package. Does anyone know if there are any Oracle tables that will give me this information (I don't want to have to write a utility to parse the actual source code!). Otherwise, if there is a downloadable PL/SQL utility that can extract that information, please point me to the URL.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 09:46:17 CDT