Data record import

From: Torsten Becker <TorstenBecker_at_csi.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 21:41:23 +0800

Hi there,

we are currently doing a data conversion where we have to import data records into an ORACLE DBS. We discovered that up to a certain number of records the system is fast as expected. But once a certain amount of record numbers has been imported the response time increases and the import is slowing down.
We are running ORACLE 7.1 on a IBM RS6000 J50. We ran several checks on the system performance but system load seems to be fine. Database size is sufficient and no other tasks are running on the system.

Has anyone an idea in which area we have to look into to find the problem, assuming that the batch doing the import is working correct? Any idea would help .....

Thanks and regards
Torsten Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 08:41:23 CDT