Q: BFILE::FILEOPEN() in Oracle8

From: Yan Zhou <yzhouy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 13:42:30 -0400

Hi there,

 I have installed Oracle8i on a NT server and trying to get BFILE work. The problem is that I can not open a file as BFILE.I think there is something
wrong with my "create or replace directory" and "bfilename()", but could

not figure that out.

Let us say there is a file d:\mydir\pictures\test.gif and I try to open it through
BFile using package DBMS_LOB. The following is the simplifed code:

declare
l_bfile bfile;

create or replace directory MY_FILES as 'd:\mydir\pictures';

l_bfile := bfilename('MY_FILES', 'test.gif'); dbms_lob.fileopen(l_bfile);

Any hint is greatly appreciated.

             Yan Zhou
             yzhou_at_lexmark.com