Re: Calling Stored Procedures in packages

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 14:10:52 +0100

In article <6CPe3.160$_A1.23069_at_typhoon-sf.snfc21.pbi.net>, Filip Hanik <fhanik_at_digitalworkforce.net> writes
>Hi,
>I have two stored procedures in my package.
>When I execute the first one that stored procedure should call and execute
>the second one first.
>
>The problem is I get this compile error
>PLS-00103: Encountered symobl create_company_import;
>
>Do the stored procedures have to be declared in a certain order?
>
>Thanks
>Filip - Oracle 8.0.5, WinNT 4.0
>
>PROCEDURE import_companies
>IS
> CURSOR pscom_cur IS select * from PS_COMPANY_TBL_at_PEOPLESOFT;
> pscom_rec pscom_cur%ROWTYPE;
>BEGIN
>
> EXECUTE create_company_import;

You don't use EXECUTE in PL/SQL.

And yes, procedures should be defined before they are referred to - you could use a forward declaration if you wanted to.

Andy
--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request