Re: Cannot connect as SYS/CHANGE_ON_INSTALL

From: Mark Plant <mplant_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 10:47:08 GMT

Vincent

Not sure what the cause of your problem is, but as a workaround, if you can connect as system, you can use that connection with the alter user command to reset the password for sys, or any other user, to anything you like.

Why are you connecting as sys anyway ? Normally DBA work is done as system. You should hardly ever need to connect as sys, whose job is to simple host the database descriptor tables and views.

Best regards

Mark