Re: Architecture Question

From: Emanuel Koseos <koseose_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 04:40:27 -0400

Here are some hints....

There are several alternatives, depending upon your budget and available software:

At the least each developer will need access to some type of SQL client (oracle) either on their native platform (intel), via the web, or directly on the server.

On the web you can utilize your own backend Java-JDBC that does exist on Solaris Intel.
On the native platform you will have to get a port of the Oracle client for Solaris x_86 if this exists (check their website); you don't need the server.
Off the server you can run an nfs-based-x-term on each developers desktop (this is resource intensive) that uses "really" native sparc architecture - may work well with a fast oracle server

Regards,
E.K.