Re: help-story of passing OCP in a cheap way

From: Mark G <someone_at_hot>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:19:49 +0100

The main point i was making is that yes, you can pass the OCP exams without ever touching Oracle BUT to then call yourself a DBA and walk into a job could potentially cost that company thousands. Being a DBA is highly technical and you learn a lot more from real experience than books can give you.
If you pass the developers course without touching oracle, you can 'wing it' to a certain extent because mistakes will not stand out so much.