a question about alter table

From: CL <charlie_at_xenacom.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:29:52 +1200

I have a table column defined as number(10,3) I can alter this column to number(11,4) but I can't alter this table column to number(10,4). I know the most significant byte can be discarded because we never use it in the table.
Can I do this by simply dropping a constraint and than do the alter table with number(10, 4)? thanks
Charles Luo Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 18:29:52 CDT