Re: order by question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 18:29:16 +0200

Hi Markus,
First of all the distinct is redundant, as group by occurs on distinct values only.
Officially a group by is un-ordered. That it is ordered is because it has been implemented with sort operations.
You shouldn't rely on group by providing ordered results. You should think that adding order by 2 desc would resolve the issue. Somehow I have a feeling it won't
In that case try
select * from
(your original query with the second column aliased as zahl) a order by a.zahl desc

That should do the tric.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA