Re: insert data from another database

From: <raqgf_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 15:26:49 GMT

You should do the description in de database where is the table in wich you want insert the data.

It can do it creating a database link:
  CREATE [PUBLIC] DATABASE LINK name_of_the_link   [CONNECT TO username IDENTIFIED BY password]   USING 'service_name' ;

Where:
 => Public: Available to all the users. Without   this option, it's only available to you.  => name_of_the_link : If the server in which is  "anotherdatabase" is not in the same domain that  the databas in which you want insert the data,  it must include the domain of anotherdatabase,  (the domain is in de constant DB_DOMAIN)  => username: user login, a user who can do a   select to the anothertable
 => password: password of that user
 =>service_name: specification of the
anotherdatabase (see the tnsnames.ora)

  "Markus Pesti" <pesti_at_htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
> I have to insert data into a table. These data
are to be selected from
> another database.:
>
> SQL> insert into mytable select * from
anothertable_at_anaotherdatabase;

> This produces the following error message:
>
> "ORA-02019: connection description for remote
database not found"

> My question is, where is the connection
description to be done?

> Thanks Markus

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 10:26:49 CDT