Re: Archive Log Mode Question

From: <pierre_gilles_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 07:10:23 GMT

When your database is in Archivelog mode you will NEVER have to switch in Noarchivelog mode, even if you have to perform administrative tasks.

hope this helps...

In article <7lgk1i$of8$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   mpir_at_compuserve.com wrote:
> If you are talking about hot backups, you can't
disable archive
> logging. The database needs the archive logs to
handle 'hot' mode. If
> you are talking about cold backups, then the
database is down and
> archiving is irrelevant.
>
> In article

<7lfcsr$9f8$1_at_taliesin.netcom.net.uk>,
> "Alex" <alex.hudghton_at_capgemini.co.uk> wrote:
> > John
> >
> > Which documentation? There is no need to
disable archive log mode at
> any
> > time.
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > John Monson <90737.wslms0.wslm.wec.com> wrote
in message
> > <7lad4b$1n4m_at_sccat.pgh.wec.com>...
> > >I'm running Oracle8 in archive log mode. My
question
> > >concerns backups. Documentation suggests
disabling
> > >archive log mode, then tagging archived logs,
and then
> > >restarting archive log mode before deleting
the tagged files.
> > >Will my backups be usable if I delete the
tagged files before
> > >archive log mode is restarted ?
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >John
> > >

> --
> Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
> MPiR, Inc.
> 502-451-7404
> some witty phrase goes here, I think.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 02:10:23 CDT