Re: Write/Read Images into Oracle 7.2.3 database for WebServer 3.01 and up How ??

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 12:54:19 GMT

A copy of this was sent to bsc7080_at_zcentral.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sun, 04 Jul 1999 01:44:21 GMT, you wrote:

>So I have searched everywhere and it seems that sample code is hard to
>find concerning this. Anyone have a simple template to show how to
>write a binary file to a long raw field and then retrieving it when
>needed ?
>
>What I am trying to do is use this idea to store images and pull them
>out when needed in a webserver package.
>
>Can anyone help ?

You can use the owareplacement cartridge found at the url in my .sig below. It supports file upload/download with OAS -- all versions. While I have not extensively tested it against 7.2.3 recently (was written against 7.2 originally), there is no reason why it won't work with that version -- It should work with 7.1 on up.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sun Jul 04 1999 - 07:54:19 CDT