embedded newlines & sqlldr

From: <tornabene_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:32:26 GMT

Hi all,

I'm importing data from a Solid database to an Oracle 8.1.5 database running on Solaris.

A lot of my varchar data has embedded returns in the data. I cannot simply get rid of the embedded returns because it contains formatting information that I need.

The sqlldr utility thinks that the embedded returns signify the end of the record and dies on those records, because it then thinks the new line is the beginning of a new record, which is obviously wrong.

Is there any way to escape embedded returns in varchars so the loader doesn't think it's at the end of the record? Can I force it to count columns before it looks for a new record (all columns are present in every row).

Thanks a lot!

Catherine

tornabenenetscapenet put the @ and . where it seems to fit. :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jul 03 1999 - 22:32:26 CDT