Query against LONG type?

From: Rick Osterberg <osterber_at_fas.harvard.edu>
Date: 2 Jul 1999 19:51:55 GMT

Scenario: I have a problem ticket database with comment fields. Since 4000 characters was too short, I couldn't use a VARCHAR2 for the comment field, and went with a LONG. I'd like to be able to do searches against that field, but Oracle doesn't permit searching against LONG field types. Are there any good workarounds for this?

-Rick

|                 Rick Osterberg   osterber_at_fas.harvard.edu                |