Solution to all VB/Oracle developers having problems

From: ggarrison <ggarrisonsr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:43:50 -0800

There is currently one book in publication which addresses VB/Oracle development. Oracle Programming with Visual Basic by Nick Snowden. I bought this as a first time developer to both VB and Oracle and it addressed 90% of my problems. The Amazon URL is :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0782123228/qid=930940 233/sr=1-1/002-0996385-6946439.

For free information on Microsofts web site - http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q176/0/86.a sp. It provides information and step-by-step examples on ODBC, ADO and RDO development. These two resources should solve all your connection problems.

Here is one tip on datetime queries not addressed anywhere - When performing a select using a SQL string the date parameter must be formated appropriately as such:

SQLString = "SELECT * FROM PO8.ScanPkgData where TourDate = TO_CHAR(TO_DATE(" & "'" & Format(dtTourDate, "DD-MMM-YY") & "'" & "))"

Notice the dtTourDate variable. The TO_CHAR & TO_DATE are Oracle functions. Format is a visual basic function.