Re: SQL multiples triggers for the same table

From: Erwin jasinski <hexalog_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:21:35 +0200

Thank you for your response

I tried to have 2 triggers before insert. Only the second "for each row". In this table, the PK can be also a FK for the same table. Logically, the trigger "for each row" does'nt accept SQL witch call the table "in mutation".
I am writting a trigger witch call Strored Procedures. But the SQL shall be for all the rows.

Thank you.

Thomas Kyte a écrit dans le message
<3783b0c2.142488207_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>...
>A copy of this was sent to "Erwin jasinski" <hexalog_at_wanadoo.fr>
>(if that email address didn't require changing)
>On Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:36:24 +0200, you wrote:
>

>no, the order of the triggers firing is documented to be "not gauranteed".
It
>does appear to fire in a certain order according to the order in which the
>triggers were created *BUT YOU CANNOT, SHOULD NOT* rely on that as it
probably
>will change from version to version.
>
>Best to put your logic into stored procedures and then create one trigger
that
>calls the procedures in the correct order if order is relevant to you.
>
>>Thank you by advance.
>>

>--
>See http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to
Oracle8i'...
>Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June
21'st

>Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>Oracle Service Industries Reston, VA USA
>
>Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 09:21:35 CDT