How can I store large strings?

From: Anastasios Kotsikonas <tasos_at_csa.bu.edu>
Date: 2 Jul 1999 14:07:21 GMT

Hi all,

how do I insert a long string (say 64K) into an Oracle column via JDBC? I am looking for the data type primarily... CLOB and LONG throw a 'string literal too long' after 4K....

Is there ANY way to do this? And how does one insert binary data, like pictures, from JDBC?

thanks

tasos Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 09:07:21 CDT