Problem with Security

From: Dieter Ratsch <extern.dieter.ratsch_at_volkswagen.de>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 12:39:27 +0200

Hi there,
we are using a new Oracle 8.0.5 Server with some tables of the owner ZBM and a few users.
Our problem is, that a user should have access to only one table and not to the other tables, but all users can access all tables?!

For example:
User Willy has no roles and even no rights for any objects, no connect-rights and no resource-rights. We expected, that Willy can do nothing with the Oracle-DB.
Fact is, he can access to all tables by using the SQL-Worksheet or by using MS-ACCESS and with ODBC-Driver!

We revoked all rights from the tables and we expected, that Willy finally now has no access - but he can connect and select all tables!!! We deleted Willy and created a new user - the same problem.

What the hell is the reason? Can anybody help me? Regards
Dieter Received on Fri Jul 02 1999 - 05:39:27 CDT