Audit Trail challenge

From: John Doe <john.doe_at_company.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 09:33:40 +0800

Hi
I am a fairly new DBA and is currently facing a challenge. Recently a superuser of our HR database has complained that some of the employee training records are disappearing from our Oracle 7.3.2 database. (The user interface for the HR application is built using Power Builder 5.0) .I have setup the audit trail on that table but it doesn't help much, only confusing the issue further, as the trail shows that certain users has been deleting data but the users were denying it saying they were just doing queries. Furthermore the trail shows multiple rows of deletion at the very same time, which is not possible thru the user interface (they can only delete one record at a time), and the users do not have any access to the database server or SQLplus tools at all. What we would need now is an alogorithm to show who is doing what SQL statement whenever a delete is attempted on that particular table. Whould greatly appreciate if anyone could help shed a light on this. Pls reply to wk.teoh_at_amd.com
Thanks a lot
Terence Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 20:33:40 CDT