Re: No suitable driver found

From: Rob Mitchell <rjmitchell_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 22:30:04 -0400

Going way-out on a limb here, but I remember seeing this type of problem with JDBC and Domino 4.6.3.

Turned out to be a SecurityManager violation in the Connection. I ended creating a new driver instance in my particular situation. Try tracing the calls into JDK and see where it bombing-out.

---
Rob Mitchell
rjmitchell_at_mediaone.net
Base Class Technologies, Inc.

Lisa <lewis_at_mars-systems.com> wrote in message news:7lfqlf$gn3$1_at_usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu...
> I am trying to use Oracle's JDBC Thin Driver with jdk1.1. I installed
> classes111.zip and added it to my classpath. I can get Oracle's sample
> program JdbcCheckup.java to connect properly to my database with no
problem.
> However, when I try to use the thin driver in my servlet that serves as a
> connection pool manager, I get the SQLException: No Suitable Driver Found.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Specs:
> I am using JavaWebserver1.1.3, JDK1.2 (although I am not using any of the
> new features of 1.2 yet because the JavaWebserver1.1.3 doesn't support it
> and I am only using the 1.1 JDBC driver), and I am using classes111.zip.
My
> client is an NT machine. The webserver is also on this machine. My
Oracle