pl/sql user session control

From: DooHee Kim~ <4658291d_at_taurus.oac.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:58:44 -0700

I'm using pl/sql and oracle databse for online banking and need help in controlling the user session.
The way the program works, once a user logs in and enters password correctly, packet called usersession holds a temporary ID.

Every pages in online banking checks at beginning whether usersession packet has an ID or not, if there is not, then the page writes that session expired and if there is one, the page loads. However, I can't get the ID to be available to every procedures. The value is visible at the current procedures and the value is destroyed when another page is loaded.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or if there is a better way to controld a user session? Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 17:58:44 CDT