Re: Archive Log Mode Question

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 20:45:42 GMT

If you are talking about hot backups, you can't disable archive logging. The database needs the archive logs to handle 'hot' mode. If you are talking about cold backups, then the database is down and archiving is irrelevant.

--
Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
MPiR, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 15:45:42 CDT