Re: Oracle 7.3 table/columns name syntax

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 18:15:13 GMT

A copy of this was sent to abrusko <abrusko_at_binney-smith.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 01 Jul 1999 09:57:43 -0800, you wrote:

>A simple question...Does Oracle 7.3 allow spaces in either
>table names or column names. I am converting some Access
>databases and some tables and columns have spaces in the
>names.
>
>Thanks alot for your help!
>Andy
>

>**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

Yes it does but you must use quoted identifiers, for example:

SQL> create table "This is a Table" ( "And a column to go with it" int );

Table created.

SQL> desc "This is a Table"

 Name                            Null?    Type
 And a column to go with it               NUMBER(38)

SQL> drop table "This is a Table";

Table dropped.

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Jul 01 1999 - 13:15:13 CDT