Re: Can't get listener to start with install. What is wrong with configuration?

From: Alex <alex.hudghton_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 10:42:15 +0100

Brian

Databases are created from 'svrmgrl' not sqlplus. After installing the software
you can create a database and connect to it using 'svrmgrl' or 'sqlplus' from the local machine.
The listener is only for client connections or other servers. I suggest you create the database first before looking at the listener.

Alex