'Carriage Return' in spool file

From: Tse <tcng_at_yas.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:43:26 +0800

Hi,

Whenever I do a select and spool the result to a file in sqlplus on the Unix server, the length of each row of data is fixed as the 'linesize'. (All rows of records have a fix length = linesize.)

How do I put a Carriage Return at the end of each line so that there is no whitespaces after the last field? Which means that now the size of each record will be different from the others depending on the size of each field that makes up the row.

The field delimiter is the double quote(") and the field seperator is a comma(,).

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Tse Chong
(Please send reply to mailto:tcng_at_yas.com.sg ) Received on Wed Jun 30 1999 - 04:43:26 CDT