Re: Oracle Triggers / Locks

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:00:59 +0100

You'd better bet that Thomas is correct.

Where in your data entry process do you issue a commit, you don't mention this in your original post ?

If you haven't then, despite the fact that you 'refreshed' the data, your client software probably has an image of what the record looked like following its update, and compares it with the current image. Since the two images do not match the client assumes that another session has changed the data in the interim.

--

Jonathan Lewis