Using records in PL/SQL

From: Greg Akins <insomnia_at_a1usa.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 07:01:20 -0800

This is probably a simple problem, but I haven't found an answer in the docs yet, so...

I have a PL/SQL program.

I'm declaring a record (MASTER_REC) and a cusor

They in a loop I fetch the cursor results into the record. For each record I do:

INSERT INTO MASTER_TABLE VALUES (MASTER_REC) ; This gives me a PLS_00382 error (wrong type).

Is there a way to do this without

INSERT INTO MASTER_TABLE VALUES (MASTER_REC.field0) ;

Any help would be appreciated.

-greg