Decode record structure stored in RAW field in PL/SQL

From: <rhandsch_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:03:06 GMT

Hi!
We store a (PASCAL) record in a RAW field of a database table and need to decode it by a PL/SQL routine.
As I know so far, the record fields can be separated using UTL_RAW.substr.
But now I want to convert the returned RAW into a NUMBER.
Any ideas how this can be achieved?
I am not sure whether UTL_PG.raw_to_number can be used, since it has several strange parameters.

WBR,
Robert

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 29 1999 - 09:03:06 CDT