Re: How to cancell changes made in a current session

From: Christopher Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:00:03 GMT

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:46:21 -0700, Les <exlibris_at_sprynet.com> wrote:

>Is there a command that cancells all the changes made in a
>current session? If I use rollback, it will roll back
>uncommitted portion of the most recent work, up to last
>commit.

No.

Each transaction( from start to commit ) of a session is autonomous from every other transaction. Once changes are committed, there is no way to roll them back. You will need to run another statement
to put the changes back yourself.

hope this helps.

chris.

--
Christopher Beck
Oracle Corporation

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Jun 29 1999 - 08:00:03 CDT