Re: Problems executing a Subfunction within PL/SQL

From: J. Wegener NOSPAM <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:56:25 +0200

Hallo,

to call a packaged function from SQL expressions, you must assert its "purity level" by coding the pragma RESTRICT_REFERENCES in the package specification.

I believe the declaration of your function in the package header should look like this:

FUNCTION getWarengruppe(CATNR IN VARCHAR2) RETURN VARCHAR2; PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES(getWarengruppe, WNDS, WNPS, RNPS);

See the Oracle8 Server Application Developers's Guide for details.

Hope this helps.

Tschüss,
Johan
---
Johan Wegener
Dansk Data Elektronik A/S
Reply to: xjw_at_xdde.xdk
NOSPAM: Delete xxx from my email address

Michael Waelde <mwaelde_at_intershop.de> skrev i en nyhedsmeddelelse:7la751$dvf_at_linux1.netconx.de...
> Hi all,
>
> when compiling the following Package there is no error, but when executing
> there is the following error:
> "Error: SQL ORA-06571: Function GETWARENGRUPPE does not guarantee not to
> update database
> ORA-06512: at "CATALOGEXPORT", line 16
> ORA-06512: at line 1"
>
> The Function "getWarengruppe" is called within a Package from another
> Function, e.g.

[snip] Received on Tue Jun 29 1999 - 05:56:25 CDT