OCI and "hostArrays"

From: Bo Lorentsen <bl_at_bellesystems.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:16:48 +0200

Hi ..

I really hope one of you Oracle gurus will be kind to help me on this.

I have been making a program on the Solaris platform using the OCI api (Oracle 8.0.5), for host array inserts, to gain some speedup in the DB access. Now the code works --- most of the time, but its is not always doing the right thing (inserting blank data rows, and complaining about NULL inserts).

So after testing ALL my internal data structures just before inserting the array into the database, I found the data complete and intact, but OCI still make something wrong.

So the last thing I did was to compile the program with ElectricFence, and when this was installed i kept getting an Segmentation error inside the OCI library, like this :

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0xef2cf3f4 in ttcacs ()
(gdb) where
#0 0xef2cf3f4 in ttcacs ()
#1 0xef2b0a1c in ttcdrv ()
#2 0xef129264 in nioqwa ()
#3 0xef0b5108 in upirtrc ()
#4 0xef0eb3b8 in kpurcsc ()
#5 0xef10f670 in kpuexecv8 ()
#6 0xef11208c in kpuexec ()
#7 0xef0f296c in OCIStmtExecute ()
#8 0x5e054 in OraclePreparedStatement::flush (this=0xedd01fd8) << My
code !

Now, I know that the data I give OCI is correct, otherwise I have found the error, but OCI try to access illegal addresses, according to the ElectricFence library. If I disable (out comment) the "OCIExecuteStmt" nothing goes wrong anymore.

Fyi : To bind my array I use a combination of "OCIBindDynamic" (for allocated char strings) and "OCIBindArrayOfStruct" (for primitives).

I'm looking forward to any valuable hint you can give me !

Regards

/BL

--
Bo Lorentsen