JDBC Column Names

From: <stevie_deja_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:25:58 GMT

Hi,

I use JDBC to get information from Oracle, and sometimes (for demo purposes) I need to do the same from access. I can easily do this just by changing the driver.

However, Oracle reports all column headings in uppercase while access does it in lower case. Since I reference the column heading a lot, it is not easy to have an if statement at each usage of the column.

Is there anyway to send JDBC column headings back in lower case or something.

So, has anyone ran into this problem before? And do you have any easy solution?

Thanks for any help,
Steve K.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 15:25:58 CDT