RMAN

From: Michael Kennedy <m.kennedy_at_clara.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:17:47 GMT

Could anyone help me with some RMAN data.

We are backing up a 200gb database using Veritas Netbackup. It takes in the region of 10hours for a full hot backup{ quite a while} I believe that the Recovery Manager from Oracle would reduce this figure. {Due to the parallelisation of the data streams to tape}

Could anyone provide a figure of improvement that implementing Rman would make on our 10 hour backup?

thanks
Mike Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 14:17:47 CDT