Re: problem with archive log files

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 17:34:20 GMT

Are you talking about your offline archive logs, or your online redo logs? I may be wrong, but I have not seen where an offline archive log becoming corrupted will prevent the database from opening. A corrupted online redo log may, however. If that is the case hopefully you have mirrored your redo logs. Try copying the mirrored redo log over top of the corrupted one and opening. If that fails, trying doing startup nomount, then alter system switch logfile, then alter database mount, alter database open. Once you are up you can drop the corrupted log file and recreate it.

Good Luck.

In article <7l86g2$knm$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   alexgenial_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I'm using Oracle 7.3.3 on a Unix system (SUN), and for some reason I
> dont't know, one of the archive logs file got corrupted.
> Now, I can't start my database (I'm using Oracle as my SAP R/3
database
> system)
>
> 1 - what can I do now ? Is it true I have to re-install Oracle ???
> 2 - the help suggested to "reset" the log files. Does anybody know how
> to do this ?
>
> Thank you in advance. Alex.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 12:34:20 CDT