ORA-02429: cannot drop index

From: cristian <cristian_at_senior.com.br>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:49:39 -0300

“ORA-02429: cannot drop index used for enforcement of unique/primary key”

I am using Oracle 8.0.5.
This error happen when I try to turn off an unique index that has the same columns that the primary key and that was created before the primary key. This script create the error:
CREATE TABLE TESTEINDICE (COL1 NUMBER(4,0) NOT NULL, COL2 NUMBER(4,0) NOT NULL, COL3 NUMBER(4,0) NOT NULL) ;
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX TESTEINDICEIndice2 ON TESTEINDICE (COL1,COL2); ALTER TABLE TESTEINDICE ADD(PRIMARY KEY (COL2,COL1));
--> DROP INDEX TESTEINDICEIndice2; ( This statement create the error ).

How can I erase this index? Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 11:49:39 CDT